Generate a new tenancy agreement (NZ only)
Fill in details about your tenancy and tenants, then generate a tenancy agreement that is pre-populated with all of this information.
Have the pre-populated tenancy agreement emailed to your tenants for them to sign and send back.
To generate a new tenancy agreement:
- Select the Applications menu at the bottom of your screen and click on the property that you want to generate a tenancy agreement for.
- You should now see a list of everyone who has applied for your property and all you need to do is select the tenant who you want to create a tenancy agreement with. This will open their pre-tenancy application.
- Scroll to the bottom of the tenant’s pre-tenancy application and select the blue button that says Create agreement. This will take you to a screen titled Lease details which will be pre-populated with the tenant’s details from their first application.
- Here, you will only need to enter: the Bond amount, and whether this needs to be paid in advance, Subletting details, and if this is allowed, as well as other lease details.
- Once you have filled in the fields, you can click Next in the top right-hand corner.
- The Review screen gives you the opportunity to double check all of the details of the lease before having it sent off to your tenant. Make sure everything looks correct and then scroll to the bottom and click the blue button Generate agreement. This will send the new tenancy agreement to the tenant’s email where they will be able to check over and sign the document.
- Now all you need to do is wait and once it is returned you can mark your tenancy application as signed. If you need to make changes to the tenancy agreement then you can also do this.
Get in touch with a real person?
Our New Zealand based support team is happy to help you out.